Between Heaven and Earth

A discussion on industries, online marketing, my board game store and the Internet in general

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Some days, I can't decide if I love Magento or hate it. I finally figured out how to do product promotional packages correctly, after spending nearly a few business days doing it. On and off that is, because I'd think I'd have it fixed, check it oua dn realise it's not.

So to do it properly, you need to create multiple selections for each specific item on the product promo, making sure to include each specific on it and making sure it's required and not editable by customers.

So a good example is that for Settlers of Catan, you'd have to include the base game, the 5 and 6 player expansion and anything else you want, in seperate 'options'. Furthermore, yo ucan only choose radio buttons because checkboxes do not give you the ability to say 'no edits'.

Ugh. I'm stll wondering if it'd be better to just put the entire settlers of catan products on one page and then direct customers to just that. while giving orders that order both an automatic discount, thus reducing pages down in number.

Interesting question... I'll have to test it out one day. Ah well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home