Between Heaven and Earth

A discussion on industries, online marketing, my board game store and the Internet in general

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Thursday, July 27, 2006

If you haven't heard - fraud reporting

Wow.

Google has finally allowed you to do fraud reporting. However, instead of making it part of the dashboard you have to end up running a report for it. Still, even for an unimportant and lowly bid keyword, they are registering a 5% fraud rate.

That is bleeding high when you consider that means 1 in 20 clicks are not 'true'. Now, the question is, where are all those clicks coming from? For the keywords I'm looking at, there just isn't enough competition to make it viable as a business I would have thought.

So where does it come from? Just people double-clicking? Or robots? Or worst, people with nothing better to do?

Ah well, that is life I guess. Still, single digits is what I would have expected for my keyword. I wonder what it is like for more competitive keywords? 20%? 30%? I certainly wouldn't be surprised to find those results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home